OPEN WALLS Gallery is currently looking for interns to support our team in Berlin.
At the moment, these are unpaid positions, part time possible (minimum 3 full days per week). Workload varies tremendously, depending on deadlines, 20-25 hours a week is the expected average.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
OPEN WALLS specializes in street & contemporary art. Promoted and represented artists include YZ, BR1, SP38, Alias, Marok, Vermibus, Yumanizumu, Chow Martin & Giacomo Spazio. OPEN WALLS organizes art shows all over the world and participates in the international contemporary art fairs from London to Miami and passing through Paris to Milan. Nevertheless, Berlin remains the heart of the street & contemporary art center, a genuine inspirational source for the artists since the fall of the wall in 1989. That is why OPEN WALLS has decided to set up its headquarters here.
In addition to our gallery program, OPEN WALLS curates shows and cultural events in the unconventional STATTBAD Wedding, a former public bath & swimming pool transformed into the largest creative project space to date, in Berlin.
under the direct supervision of the Associate Directors
Press / PR Assistant (Fluent German AND English needed)
- get in contact with Berlin based and international media
- present OPEN WALLS Gallery in the creative scene,networking,
- help out with writing press releases in english and german, follow up with critics and journalists
- help promote OPEN WALLS Gallery events and activities, send press releases to TV, radio, blogs and media about OPEN WALLS Gallery
- collect press clips about OPEN WALLS Gallery, keep our Press Page updated
- help to keep our distribution list updated
Fundraising & Grant Writing (Fluent English AND high level of German needed)
We are looking for a grant writer to help with fundraising & crowd-funding our upcoming projects.
She/He should have good writing & controlling skills, be interested in the arts, know English at a very high level + a high level of German would be greatly appreciated.
Cultural Mediation & Sales (Fluent English, German is a plus)
- provide support for ongoing exhibitions, art fair related projects, and the sale of art
- communicate interpretive objectives, themes, storylines, and subjects using a wide variety of artifacts, graphic reproductions and original art
- assist with the production of multi-media presentations, as well as all printed and digital material required for the interpretation and promotion of gallery exhibits, art fairs, and events, including catalogs, banners, posters, signs, brochures, flyers, and press kits.
Curator Assistant (Fluent English, German is a plus)*
- conceptualize and develop two- and three-dimensional case, gallery, outdoor, traveling, and virtual exhibits
- prepare exhibit design proposals, from conceptual layouts and treatments to finished working drawings, floor plans, elevations, models, design notebooks, and bid documents
- design effective ways to communicate interpretive objectives, themes, storylines, and subjects using a wide variety of artifacts, graphic reproductions and original art
- research and develop effective spatial arrangements & visual presentations, taking into consideration budget, physical space, anticipated audiences, duration of exhibits, and safety
- prepare, produce, and install all graphic elements elements for gallery exhibits, art fairs, and events
- prepare original documents and artifacts for display, including framing and mounting
- organize and curate all physical and electronic files documenting the planning and implementation of exhibit projects.
- prepare time estimates, budgets, and schedules for all assigned work
- facilitate productive working relationships with and oversee the work of vendors and service providers. Serve as lead worker for volunteers, interns, students, and limited-term employees.
* Special Notes: Must possess a valid driver’s license upon appointment for travel around and between sites. Ability to create original artwork by means of traditional illustrative media and computer imaging. Applied proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and other applicable CAD software. Knowledge of professional standards for exhibit design, fabrication, and installation.
Knowledge of publication design, layout, and production. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task. Good communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team. Ability to lift and carry equipment, to handle fragile artifacts without damaging them, and physically assist with the installation of exhibits.
If you would like to work in a creative and fast growing environment OPEN WALLS Gallery is the place for you! Excellent presentation, Organization skills, administration skills and interest in street & contemporary art are required. If you’re up for a view behind the art world’s scenery, please send us your CV together with a few sentences about yourself and we’ll take it from there. Our email is openwalls at me.com
A background check will be conducted prior to hiring.